On Thursday October 7, Tablet Command will be switching all users to our new web portal. The portal offers new functionality like a dashboard view, a managed incident view similar to the iPad application, new maps, a streamlined interface and a host of other functional and performance changes.
Web Portal All Users
- New Dashboard view
- New Managed Incident View like Tablet Command app
- Enhanced CAD Incidents View
- Enhanced Map Overview
- Improved Display of Unit Status as Color on all pages
Web Portal Admin Users
- Improved interface to manage Checklists, Tasks and Resources
- Enhanced User Detail page
- The ability to show/hide universal messages displayed in Tablet Command and TC Mobile
- Enhanced Settings page
- New Monitoring tab on the Settings Page
- Ability to Configure Cross Staffing for customers with staffing integrations
- Enhanced Location page
- New Filters in list views
- New Online Users Page
- Enhanced Charts
- Improved method to close open CAD incidents
- Method to close and re-open managed incidents
A concise view of active incidents as a list and on the map along with current Units Committed and Managed Incidents.
Managed Incident View
This view was designed to put a managed incident up on a big screen in the communications center, station or office showing a combination of the Units view, Map View, and Activity view.
On October 5th all traffic going to api.tabletcommand.com to login to the web portal will be redirected to portal.tablet command.com.